Being fashionable is a matter of perspective. One can try all the possible trends but will not end up being fashionable if they are uncomfortable. Being comfortable and trying out something new goes a long way.
In the old days, fashion was an indication of social status. Nowadays, fashion is a matter of personal taste. Age and profession might dictate what one likes, but generally, fashion is an everyday choice to express oneself.
What makes something just a passing trend? In reality, past trends come back. Your high school wardrobe might become trendy again. Philanthropic fashion companies are a norm these days, and it would be good to check them out.
So, how exactly does one keep up with trends and stay fashionable? Here are some simple tips to keep in mind.
1. Check out magazines. Fashion magazines know what will work or not. With that said, don’t be afraid to try what you see in magazines. If you have a good eye for detail, you could go ahead and make that purchase.
2. Stick to a budget. Being fashionable may help you become looking more affluent, but it doesn’t mean you have to bust your budget doing so. Having the basics and then looking for one or 2 trendy items usually work.
3. Mix and match. You don’t have to try everything at the same time, though. You may end up looking like a confused Christmas tree.
4. Stay classy. All black is always a great way to be fashionable looking without putting on too much effort.
5. Have the basics. This includes a pair of good black pumps, a little black dress, a nice white polo, jeans that fit well. You can wear these for any occasion. You can pair the basic items with a distressed jacket or a vegan jacket.
6. Draw inspiration from everywhere. The streets are where the fashionable are. Try what you like.
Being fashionable is a never-ending process of trial and error. The key is not to let anything scare you. Try anything that tickles your fancy. Moreover, shopping for trendy and unique pieces isn’t as difficult as it used to be. There are many outlets, even online ones, where you can find anything.